Tonight's date was with The Catch. He's 25 and about to start law school. We have been talking online this past week, and his emails were all very thoughtful, fun, and creative, so I had a feeling that we would have fun together. We met at Cleveland Park Bar and Grill, a place nearby my apartment that I've never actually been to. The place has a nice roof deck and bar up there, and it happened to be the night of Game 7 of the NBA finals, so the place was packed. We ordered a pitcher of beer while we waiting for a table. When we were seated, we ordered delicious crab dip and shared a pizza. We ended up staying for over 4 hours.
I felt instantly at ease with The Catch. Physically, he was very cute. He's tall, and it's clear that he works out a lot. He has a contagious smile. I was thinking of nicknames for him all night, but he has so much going for him that it was hard to focus on just one thing. First, I thought of calling him Happy or Smiley, because he just seemed to be comfortable with himself and fun-loving. But as I got to know him, I learned that he really is an amazing guy that any girl would be lucky to date. He is intelligent and driven, but not at all condescending like I've found some DC men to be. He really took the time to get to know me and listened well. He made me laugh and laughed at my jokes. He talked a lot about his family and how close he is to his brother and mom. He even mentioned how he has a tradition around Christmas of baking cookies with his mom. We bonded over beagles and we both whipped out pictures of our dogs at the same time. I was especially impressed at the way he talked about a charity project he created, which was featured on Fox News. He seemed so humble, though it was pretty amazing what he did. He says he's a good communicator, and we talked about everything. I even felt comfortable enough that I showed him the one picture of myself with the really, really short lesbian hair. There wasn't a whole lot of flirting going on, just great conversation.
While I think feeling comfortable is crucial in a relationship, is it good to feel so comfortable so fast?
When we left, we hugged goodbye and said we had a great time and should do it again. I do want to do it again. If it doesn't end up working out between us, I know he will make some girl very happy.
Thursday, June 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I would say that from everything I've heard in happy long lasting relationships, it's the ones you don't feel comfortable so fast that you should avoid. ;)
I am glad you had a good time.... I did not. You were supposed to come back to Atomic and share. AND, you should have brought him too. Now I don't even know if I believe he exists.
Sarah, I know, I'm sorry! I was so tired by the time I left. I think I'll see him again, so next time.
E- I haven't read past this point yet, but I'm really hoping you and The Catch see each other again. I think feeling comfortable fast is a GOOD sign.
Post a Comment