Another good one! I had lunch today with a 5th grade teacher. I love the idea of dating another teacher and having our summers off together. I'd rather have time with someone than money.
Teacher and I had talked on the phone over the weekend, and he seemed easy to talk to and interesting. He is tall and handsome, 35 years old (I like older men, though 35 is up there), short blond hair, and a nice physique. I know I've written very positive things about my recent dates, but I am being honest, they have all been fun, nice, attractive guys! If nothing else, I hope this blog inspires someone to give online dating a chance. My secret to online dating is this: Use it as a tool to make the initial connection, but don't build a relationship through it. I like to meet the guys within a week of the first email, before he or I build up expectations of one another that may not be met.
We went to Cafe Deluxe in Tyson's Corner, because I came straight from summer school and he lives in the area. It was a very casual lunch, but he was engaging and energetic. Teacher comes from a big family of other teachers, but he has a very realistic attitude toward it. He takes his job seriously, but he also knows how to balance work and play. He's very settled, and just bought a home for himself last year. Both of us being teachers, we had plenty to talk about. I found I was more nervous than normal, maybe because he is 10 years older than me.
After lunch, we walked into Crate and Barrel next door briefly. Nothing particularly funny or note-worthy happened. Compared to last night's date with The Surprise, it wasn't terribly exciting, but I would be an idiot to not want to go out with Teacher again. He suggested we hang out again next week when I get back, and we might go minigolfing.
Wednesday, June 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment