Pre-date notes: I have been looking forward to this one for a while. I don't know too much about this guy, but he is just so darn cute! He's 6'0, (yay, they get taller every date!), 31 years old, and reminds me a little of Chris L. from this season's Bachelorette, but with shaggier hair and maybe a bigger build. But I love Chris L., so if he resembles him at all, this might be a longer night than the past couple. Dating every night is getting tiring, but not as tiring as it is keeping track of all the men total. I have a lot of dates in the works, and I'm trying to make them each feel important. It's kind of interesting watching Bachelorette at the same time of this blog project. I have a new respect for Ali. At least the men I'm dating don't have to hang out together at cocktail parties.
Post-date notes: If every date went this well, I wouldn't be able to keep this blog going. He really did look like Chris L., so I think I'm going to have to nickname him Mr. Bach (short for Bachelorette). We met at The Guards in Georgetown, a bar that I haven't been to since probably my first year in DC. On the weekends, the Guards has big dance parties in the basement with amazing 80s music and drunken debauchery. So, when Mr. Bach suggested we go there for our date, I chuckled to myself but was happy to give it a mid-week shot.
I walked into the bar and saw Mr. Bach sitting at the bar, watching the baseball game and playing with his Blackberry. I got a little nervous that he wasn't super excited to be there. He said he had just worked a 13 hour day, but still, put your phone away. Fortunately, after a few minutes, he got a second wind and decided to pay attention to me, and after that, the conversation flowed seamlessly. He seemed genuinely interested in getting to know me, and we had a good balance of asking each other questions and laughing. Halfway through, I was wondering, "Does he like me as much as I like him?". There wasn't really any direct flirting going on, especially compared to Non-LP. We didn't have much physical contact, but I made sure to sit facing directly toward him, and we had good eye contact. We stayed at the bar for maybe 2 hours. At one point, I told him that I was having a good time and I was enjoying his company, and he said he was having a good time too and was glad I came. Still, I wasn't sure if he was feeling it. I could tell he was having a fine time, because he kept saying he was in no rush, and when we both finished our drinks, he said he'd be glad to stay for another. He wasn't coming on strong, but gave me subtle hints that he was interested. I didn't want to misread them though.
Finally, around 10:45, we finished our drinks and decided to call it a night. We walked outside and started to look for the nearest bus stop for me, but he kissed me! And he said he'd been wanting to do it for awhile by that point. Whew! I was so relieved to hear that. I told him we'd have to get together again, and we made a date for Sunday. I'm excited!
Wednesday, June 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sounds like this project is getting some good momentum. A kiss good night on the first date is always a good sign, especially if 1. he initiated it and 2. it was a good one!
Reading these entries is like reading the letters you used to send me from camp. :) Btw, I got really excited by the title of this entry 'cause I thought you were referring to Johan Sebastian. Misleading! :)
Glad you had a good one; call me soon!
Post a Comment