I wasn't expecting tonight's date to go as well as it did. And it went well. Actually, throughout the night (6 hours long), I said to myself and eventually to him, that it was the best first date I've been on, maybe ever.
The Surprise shouldn't have been such a surprise. It validated my reasoning for accepting any date I'm asked on. I had chatted with him for about a week online, but never on the phone, and he seemed like he had a personality that would really match mine, but I quite frankly wasn't sure what he would look like in person. The pictures he had online, and the extra ones he sent me, were a big range. The Surprise reminds me a bit, looks-wise, of my ex Chris, but taller and better looking. He's 6'2 and has a bigger build. He's 27, brown hair, blue eyes, nice smile, fair complexion, a lawyer, an only child from the Jersey Shore (yeah...I know), and...awesome.
I felt a connection with The Surprise immediately. We were supposed to go to Oyamel for margaritas, but the place was packed at 5:30 so we went across the street to Jaleo. Within the first, oh, 15 seconds, he made some crack about me, which I loved. I've never been dissed so fast on a date, and it honestly made me feel so comfortable and REAL, like we've known each other for awhile. I appreciate men that can tease me and be teased, as long as it's a playful display of affection.
Jaleo is a tapas bar, but I can't comment on the food, because we only got drinks and free bread. We were too caught up in conversation to think about eating, but our waiter was so cute and understanding.
At Jaleo, we talked nonstop for about 3 hours. With every new topic of conversation, I kept thinking to myself, this is a match made in heaven. I thought he was lying about things after awhile, because it was too good to be true. Let me think about the things we talked about...love of country music, Disney World, Full House, The Other Sister, and so much more that I can't remember at the moment. He's the only lawyer I've ever met that hates politics. My jaw dropped a few times, as I thought, 'whoa, really?'. I ended up telling The Surprise everything about myself. And when I say everything, I mean everything.
Normally, I consider myself a great dater. I know the rules and I know what not to do. Everything I did tonight was what NOT to do. I told him how much I liked him and how this was the best first date I've been on. I told him that I felt such a strong connection with him. I told him I felt like I could see this working out. We slipped the words "girlfriend", "relationship", and "future" into our conversation, about us. This is not me. I am a serial dater, and I don't fall for boys after one night. I even told him that. He felt the same way. He said he normally waits the standard three days to call, but wants to call me tomorrow. I told him I couldn't wait to talk to him again, and we made plans for next week when I come back from a weekend trip. We are going to do karaoke, which we almost did tonight but decided to wait. I did give him a small preview of A Whole New World on the metro. We played a few rounds of skeeball at Iron Horse, and the stakes that he made up were that the winner got to choose the loser's karaoke song. Love.
This is getting real. Tomorrow, I have two dates lined up, both of which I have been looking forward to. I've talked to both guys on the phone and they both sound wonderful. On Thursday, I have a second date with The Catch. Will I make it to 40 dates before falling for someone?
Tuesday, June 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I like this blog, but can you possibly always be this upbeat or is that just the Brazilian Keratin treatment talking? Also, can I have a few of your leftovers? These guys sound 1. too good to be true; or 2. see 1.
Post a Comment