Thursday, June 24, 2010

Date #11: The Catch, part II

My second date with The Catch was lovely. He planned it well, and it was right up my alley. It was simple, but romantic and laid back. He suggested that we go to a free rock-cover-band concert in Farragut Square and bring a picnic. I love anything free, and I love picnics. It was record-breaking heat, but it did cool down a little bit (ie. I didn't want to kill myself). DC has lots of free concert series in the summer, and it's a great thing to do on a date. The Catch really went above and beyond to impress me though, by making his own ceviche and bringing wine for our picnic. I just ran across the street to pick up a piece of cake from Something Sweet, for dessert. I appreciated the effort he put in, and he obviously was trying hard but not too hard.

I love talking to The Catch, and I feel like we can talk about everything. He noted that on our first date, we already covered everything you are never supposed to talk about on a first date (religion, exes, and politics). He claims to not be political, but he does have strong beliefs on social issues. I told him that frankly, I admire people that spend their lives standing up for what they believe in, but that I am not, nor will I ever be, one of those people. He said he was the same way, but I'm not sure if I believe him.

We talked about so much, that I can't even describe the conversation. There were some more serious topics and some very light ones. I still felt comfortable around him, and even performed my impressions. He was especially impressed by the dolphin.

At one point, he said "Choose A or B." I chose A, and he said, "When are you free?" I told him next Thursday, and he said, "Ok, we're doing something next Thursday. Wear athletic clothes." I am too impatient for surprises, so I egged it out of him. Canoeing? No. Hiking? No. (Darn!) Horseback riding? No. Paddleboating? No. Canoeing? No. Hiking? Still no. Ah...Rock climbing? Smile. So, we're going indoor climbing next week. I think The Catch is the type of guy that would be fun to do anything with. By the way, choice B was mini-golfing. I think mini-golfing is inevitable at least once this summer.

We kissed in the park after it got dark and I felt butterflies.

6 comments:

kejenn said...

Can you please write about date #3 with him? He sounds even better than the Chris L. look-alike.

oohfancypants said...

Ok, sure. He's great! Yeah, Chris L. lookalike has quickly dropped into third.

ReeRee said...

Just finished reading your entire blog and can't wait for more! Love 'The Catch' and although you can't write more than 2 blogs, I think I, along with your other followers, may need more...

sage said...

I am loving this blog! It is beginning to remind me of that Bachelorette tv show that you like :) Hope you continue to have funnnn!

Anonymous said...

I'm loving this experiment, but beginning to have trouble keeping them straight. I can't wait until you get to 40 and I'll really be confused. I can't wait to hear more about surprise.

oohfancypants said...

Yeah, I was thinking that my nicknames need to be more memorable.