Thursday, July 1, 2010

Date #13: Lab Rat

Coming up with nicknames is the hardest part about this! Last night's date works in an HIV Research Lab, which is why I chose that. I was also considering Bear, Skeet-Shooter, or something about Country.

I really need to go into each date with a fresh, open mind. It's difficult to do that when I have a few good guys on my mind, and thinking about another first date feels like a job. I hadn't talked to Lab Rat for a few weeks, either, so I didn't remember much about him. We had tried to make plans two weeks ago but couldn't work it out. I almost dismissed him, but fortunately, he was persistent.

Yesterday was perfect weather in DC, a much needed break from the two straight weeks of 90+ heat. I wanted to do something outdoors, so I found a restaurant in Chinatown with an outdoor patio, plus over 300 beers to choose from. Score. The place is called RFD, and I don't know how I missed it for three years. I must not have ever gone further than its neighbor, the Irish pub Fado.

Lab Rat is about 5'10 and has a big dude build. He played baseball in college. He's half Greek, half Polish. He has a sweet face, and his eyes crinkle up when he smiles. He is 8 days younger than me, and is also the middle child. He lives with his brother, who is almost 28, and looks nothing like him. Apparently, Lab Rat looks Greek and his brother looks Polish. The brother also is frequently told that he looks like Pacey. Time out. Can I date the brother, if things don't work out with Lab Rat? I was in love with Pacey (Joshua Jackson's character on Dawson's Creek) for years. That might be poor form though.

We had plenty to talk about, and he was definitely nice to look at. My phone rang, and he was quite impressed with my 24 ringtone. It's just a Cisco ringtone, but I finally found someone who appreciates it. He's also a big fan of country music. Lab Rat is from northern Pennsylvania, which was where he learned how to skeet and trap shoot. He participates in state competitions, and I haven't decided if that's weird or hot. He's definitely a guy's guy. Yay!

After about 3 hours at RFD, we left and were going to walk around the mall, but realized that the metro stopped running soon, so we walked to the station. No hand holding or kiss goodbye, but I want a second date.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Yay for lab rats!!