Sunday, July 4, 2010

The Catch: part IV and V

I saw a lot of The Catch this weekend, and some big things happened. After our rock climbing date, I couldn't wait to see him again. I knew we had our skeet shooting date on Sunday, but I invited him over for Wii American Idol Karaoke and True Blood on Saturday night. He brought pizza and we shared some awesome Castle Rock pinot noir. Before the date, I had told a few people that if the night went well, I might be ready to pause this project and date only him. The night was wonderful.

Today, we still went skeet shooting. I'd never shot a gun before, but The Catch coached me through. Bull Run Shooting Range offers beginner classes, but neither of us wanted me to have to do that, so I pretended I'd done it before and let The Catch explain the whole thing step by step. Skeet shooting is kind of awesome. Unfortunately, the pigeons that we were aiming at were made of clay, but it still felt rewarding hitting them. And yeah, I hit 9 of them! Out of...50...

After a short accidental detour, we had some time before we had to go to our respective Fourth of July BBQs. We came back to my apartment and just hung out here for a while. The Catch showed off his superior guitar skills. He has a nice voice, even though Paula, Randy, and Simon disagreed last night.

Then, we started talking about feelings. Normally, this is where I run for the nearest exit, but I wanted to tell him how I felt about him, and it came so easily. I had to come clean about the blog, before either of us got any more invested. He took the news well, or at least acted like he was okay with it. Maybe I can find a co-author to take over for awhile?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you should offer to let him read the blog and then decide whether or not you guys are going to become exclusive. you'll know then, if he's reeeaalllyyy OK with it or not!