Guest author, Kit
I met The Weekender on Saturday night in Dupont Circle. I was pretty excited for this date because The Weekender and I had been talking for two weeks leading up to this date. He travels four days a week for work and is typically only in DC on the weekends. It took us those two weeks of talking to both be in DC for the same weekend. Frustrating that it took this long, but he seemed like a good guy and I hoped he'd be worth the wait.
He was waiting for me outside of Circa when I got off the metro. I was hot and tired already due to the delays on the metro (thank you scheduled track maintenance on a Saturday night). When I saw him, I immediately felt under-dressed as he was wearing nice slacks and a button down shirt. He made me feel at ease when he greeted me with a huge smile and a hug. The weekender is about 5'10", so with my heels we were a pretty good match height wise. He's not the typical guy that I might go for, but attractive nonetheless.
It was a nice night, so we decided to sit outside for dinner. He also clearly knows the way to my heart because he asked if we wanted to split a bottle of wine. Obviously, the answer was yes. The conversation was really easy and we talked about everything. School. Family. Work. Embarrassing stories. Travel. Even a bit of religion and future talk thrown in there. I feel like I spent the whole night laughing.
Dinner was definitely secondary for us, even though the food was amazing. We split an appetizer (tomato and mozzarella) and a dessert (brownie sundae), both of which were delicious. I'm pretty sure there's nothing on that menu that wouldn't be fantastic. I highly recommend Circa, despite it being on the pricey side.
After dinner, we sat and talked for a while longer. I felt kind of bad for the waitress because she couldn't turn over our table, but after a while we decided to go for a walk. We walked through the neighborhoods off of the Circle and ended up down on L Street, so I suggested we go for a drink on M Street. I took him to The Sign of the Whale, which looks like a little hole in the wall bar right next to Camelot. Trust me, Sign of the Whale is a whole lot classier than Camelot ever will be. We both got beers and kept on talking. They were playing great music that night (90's music, some of my favs). The Weekender and I both got some singing time in on those songs and reminisced about middle school.
Eventually, I decided I should probably head back to the metro. He walked me back to the metro. As I was about to turn around and go down to the metro, he kissed me! A pretty good kiss too. We said goodnight and said we'd talk later. He actually messaged me Sunday morning and we have another date lined up for when he's back in town. I'm excited to see what's going to happen with The Weekender!
Tuesday, July 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks for keeping the dream alive! I love reading your posts!
Post a Comment